Sunday, September 25, 2011

Seasonal Beers, Rainy Days

Yesterday afternoon me and my boyfriend decided to check out the new local wine and more. I've always been a huge fan of pumpkin beers. I'm by no means a beer expert or know much about it, but I do know a sweet cinnamon beer tastes great with an autumn meal. The new location is great, huge wine selection, I know for my next nice dinner or occasion where to pick up a great bottle.


I tried the Post Road today, and it was AWFUL! Absolutely no pumpkin taste, what a disappointment. Next weekend on to another! As much as I'd love to try them all in one day, the calories would be way too much. My favorite part about most of these beers is the alcohol content average 4.5%. Theres one non-seasonal beer in the picture my boyfriend picked up. He hasnt tried any of his choices yet!

Today was an incredibly rainy day, we originally had plans go to Pinecrest Gardens with our little one. They have a Sunday market going on which seemed great, and we looked forward to checking out the space as a potential 1st birthday location. But, the rain had other plans!

Instead we stayed in! My boyfriend picked up some pastries from our favorite bakery Ricky Bakery for breakfast. And we enjoyed watching movies all day.

 I hadn't had plans on making dinner today since we were planning on going out to dinner after the gardens, so I took the opportunity to try out a new recipe from Big Oven! I decided on the the Easy Pineapple Chicken. It was in fact extremely easy! I've never made any asian food before because the few times I've tried its never been a success, but this was a one pan meal and it was great. My mother enjoyed dinner with us, and she is not a fan of any asian style cooking at all and she loved it! Even taking some extra for tomorrow. This is definitely a meal I will make more then once, especially since I usually have all the ingredients in my kitchen.

Simmering in the pan, the sauce GREATLY decreased, and thickened up very very nicely. I mixed in some fresh pineapple along with the canned that the recipe asked for.

I served it over rice that was cooked with low-sodium soy sauce. I sprinkled mine with a little cayenne pepper.

Maybe next Sunday we'll make it out to the gardens!


No comments:

Post a Comment