Thursday, September 22, 2011

Traffic, Doctors Appointment, Beer

I had to take my little one to the doctor today, and unfortunately we hit bumper to bumper traffic because of a broken water main. Thankfully we were right on schedule though and saw the pediatrician promptly. Just a routine flu shot! Be sure to get your flu shots today, you can get them from your doctor or even the pharmacy at CVS/Walgreens/Winn-Dixie. No excuses, get out there and protect yourself from spreading the flu!

After that whole thing, I treated myself to a cheap autumn treat! A caramel apple sundae at McDonalds, the manager at the one I went to is the father of one of my moms co-workers, and since I was with her she decided we should grab something to go! Only $1.49 but I've yet to look up what calories this inexpensive little treat has added to my daily intake!

After wards tonight for dinner I made a new recipe from once again, Big Oven. The recipe I picked seemed quick and easy, but hearty Easy Cream of Mushroom Chicken! The main reason for picking it is because I cooked double the rice yesterday to save for tonights dinner. It came out very good, I followed the recipe almost exactly but I added 4teaspoons parmesan cheese while it was simmering for the last 10minutes. I also cut my chicken into strips. This will be added to my make again list.


I also colored my roots in, finally! I had no idea how horrible my hair was looking. It was quick and easy, I actually did it on Saturday myself. Unfortunately, right after putting the color in I had to go on a beer run for the guys while they were fixing the garage. Wearing a hoodie at a grocery store buying a case of Presidente, I looked like a hoodlum! I'd say my girl friend with me though looked crazier then I by being seen with me. And after all that, they complained I picked Presidente! It was on sale $9.99 for a 12pack! How could I not?


I am also tempted to try Shocktop Pumpkin Wheat beer, since its a more accessible beer, then my usual autumn favorite Shipyard Pumpkin head. I'm also on a mission to find someone to go with me on a yelp pub crawl! I would really enjoy a night to have one to many libations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment